A Fire Tonic (also known as a tincture) is an ancient old folk health elixir, used to boost immunity and ward off sickness. It is filled with raw enzymes, prebiotics, beneficial bacteria, phytonutrients, potent anti-inflammatory, gut and immune support elements.
Each batch is macerated for 6-8 weeks using raw unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar, Organic vegetables like ginger, red and green chillies, garlic and traditional herbs like cooling mint and buch followed by raw untreated cape honey. Nowadays it is a widely used Master Tonic due to its natural anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-parasitical properties.
Fire Tonics Ingredients List:
- RAW Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar – with the mother Enzymes
- Organic Medicinal root Vegetables
- Organic Mint and Traditional herbs
- Raw unheated honey*
*excluded from Vegan recipe
Fire Tonics help to flush out toxins, mucus, and all types of harmful bacteria by lowering our bodies Ph level and boosting your own natural immune system.
To name just a few, it has been used to:
- Aids and stimulate Digestion
- Prebiotic – feeding good gut bacteria
- Reduces Inflammation, helps with conditions like arthritis, IBS, Crohn’s disease and menstrual pain
- Kills and prevents harmful bacteria growth (including those that cause Candida)
- Boosts Immune system
- Reduces/Eliminates Reflux and Indigestion
- Regulates the body’s PH level – alkalising effect
- Helps reduce DOMS and post work out recovery
- Helps the Liver to detox due to its anti – microbial properties
- Helps prevent cold and flu
Important info to remember when treating any Gut Dysbiosis: You may find in the beginning of healing and battling yeast overgrowth you might experience a detox reaction where you feel worse before you feel better, but after several days you’ll probably feel much better. You might also see some changes during digestion at this time, but keep in mind that your body is healing & getting rid of bad bacteria.
Aceso Fire Tonics contain protein enzymes and Prebiotics which give the tonic a cloudy appearance. These live cultures and fibres help alkalize the body and feed beneficial bacteria that crowd out yeast and “bad bacteria’s” inhibiting the overgrowth of candida.
What is lacto fermentation?
Lacto refers to lactic acid. All fruits and vegetables have beneficial bacteria such as Lactobacillus on the surface. In an anaerobic (oxygen-free) environment, these bacteria convert sugars into lactic acid, which inhibits harmful bacteria and acts as a preservative, resulting in a “Tonic” with lots of live, beneficial probiotic bacteria.
How do I take Fire Tonic?
- Therapeutic dosage (Ideal) – Immune Booster or flu preventer – would be 1 x 5-10ml straight up shots, followed by a chaser if needed. 1 – 3 times daily.
- Reflux/Indigestion – 5-10ml before each meal (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Candida/gut dysbiosis – 2 x 15ml shots for 7 days, then a therapeutic dose can be maintained
- As a salad dressing – 10 – 15ml for the people not brave enough to sip on fire
- Sore throats and sinus, use as a tea – Breathe in the steam as you sip to relieve congestion
- Children – it’s best to serve a small amount mixed in freshly-pressed orange juice or lemonade
Will each Fire Tonic taste the same?
No. Each batch is handmade and although similar they will vary. Made with only natural organic ingredients and a whole bunch of LOVE.
Why is there stuff floating around – or at the bottom of my Fire Tonic?
Whaaaaatttt??? Just joking! This is the important stuff people – the elixir if I may, the cloudy and somewhat cobweb-like structure that you may see in raw ACV is endearingly referred to as the mother, because of its life-giving properties.
How long is each Original Fire Tonic macerated for?
6 – 8 weeks. The gold edition: 10 weeks
Faithful – To – Nature
Cape Town Online Market
The Jar Bar
Wellness Warehouse Online
Olive Branch Deli – Kloof Street
Haas Coffee Shop – Buitenkant Street
Kwikspar – Oakhurst, Hout Bay
Harvest Cafe – Bo Kaap
Spar Seapoint – Seapoint
Marrow Restaurant – Loop Street (Hot Shots On Menu)
Loren Hilton Functional Medicine Practice – Bergvliet
Steps To Health Pharmacy – Plumstead
Oranjezicht City Farmers Market – Every Saturday 9-2pm (Veg Tent)
Wellness Warehouse – Kloof
Wellness Warehouse – Cavendish
Wellness Warehouse – Gardens
Wellness Warehouse – V&A Waterfront
Wellness Warehouse – Table Bay
Organic Living – Constantia Village Centre
Skinny Legs Cafe – Loop Street, CBD
Nude Foods, CBD
Skinny Legs In Maison Mara – De Waterkant
Wellness Warehouse – Cape Quarter
Wellness Warehouse – Wembley Square
Wellness Warehouse – Seapoint
Wellness Warehouse – Plattekloof
Wellness Warehouse – Paddocks
Wellness Warehouse – Table Bay
Wellness Warehouse – Glengarry
Wellness Warehouse – St. Johns Piazza
Wellness Warehouse – Palmyra Junction
Lekker Vegan – CBD, Harrington street
Urban Farmer – Kenilworth
Oakhurst Kwikspar – Oakhurst, Hout Bay
Garden Route Goodies – Mainstream Shopping Mall, Hout Bay
Somerset West / Stellenbosch
Wellness Warehouse – Helderberg
Familier Farm shop – Annandale Wine Farm
Greenways Health Store
Rawganic – Thesen Island
Wellness Warehouse – Clearwater
Wellness Warehouse – Village View
Wellness Warehouse – Thrupps Illovo
Wellness Warehouse – Parktown Quarter
Wellness Warehouse – Kyalami Corner
Wellness Warehouse – Benmore
Wellness Warehouse – Menlyn Park
Wellness Warehouse – Woodlands
Wellness Warehouse – Brooklyn
Wellness Warehouse – Menlyn Maine
Chez Nous Cafe – White River
Fabrica Coffee Company. Sunningdale, Ethekwini
Fego Cage, Glenore
Fego Cafe, Salt Rock
Nouriti Cafe – La Lucia Mall